Friday, 12 August 2016

Green Tea Smoothie

Hello! ♡
While it's still summer, I thought I'd share a smoothie recipe with you. Unfortunately, it has been a lot cooler here over the past few days and I take that as a sign to enjoy the summer while it's still here!
Last August, I remember there was a heatwave here and temperatures were nearly 40 degrees celsius, and in general it was very nice and summery throughout the month. Unfortunately, this August the weather forecast looks quite bleak here for the rest of the month. Yesterday morning, it was only around 14 degrees celsius! How is the weather where you live? Also, who is watching the meteor shower tonight? This year the meteor shower is meant to be more intense than the past few years, and thankfully there is meant to be a clear sky where I live tonight. Perhaps leave a comment and let me know! ^^

(On a little side note, I switched over to a Google+ profile! In the sidebar, you can easily follow me if you'd like to. I'd highly appreciate if you could!)

I love smoothies, because there are so many different variations! While I do drink them year-round, I think that summer is the best time to have a smoothie, as they are very refreshing and lots of delicious fruits such as strawberries are in season in the summer. Another good thing is that smoothies can be very healthy, especially if you make them yourself! If you have seen my recipe for Green Tea Latte, you will know that I love green tea. There are lots of different ways to drink it- including in a smoothie! I've made fruit smoothies before, so I modified that recipe to make a green tea smoothie. I hope that you will try this out, and perhaps share it with someone! Smoothies are very easy to make, and they require very few ingredients.

All images in this post are mine.

Green Tea Smoothie
You will need (for two smoothies):

  • 2 bananas
  • 1.5-2 glasses of milk. I use cows' milk, but I think that almond milk, coconut milk, etc. will also work.
  • 1.5-2 teaspoons of matcha powder
  • A blender or mixer (I use a hand blender)
  • Optional: You can also add sugar or honey to taste, but I personally think it's sweet enough on its own
  • Optional: Ice cubes to make it more refreshing!
Steps:
My very artistically arranged bananas
  1. Peel the bananas and cut them into smaller pieces (cut each banana into around 3-5 pieces). Put them in the blender/mixer.
  2. Add the milk and matcha powder. 
  3. Now blend, until the ingredients are blended smoothly together. When you are satisfied, turn off the blender.
  4. Pour the mixture into tall glasses, and add ice cubes or toppings if you wish. Serve and enjoy!
Notes:
Ready to blend...
  • For a thicker smoothie, use a bit less milk. For a smoothie with a thinner consistency, use more milk. The bigger the ratio of banana to milk, the thicker the smoothie.
  • Mint is a very good topping! It tastes good with the green tea and is very refreshing. I like to add some home-grown mint leaves.
  • Matcha can be found at some health food stores, Asian grocery stores and online. I bought mine at Japan Centre in London.

Enjoy! Here's a picture of my finished smoothie (it turned out delicious!):

I hope that you will be able to find some time to try making this smoothie. It can take less than 5 minutes to make, and it's absolutely delicious! What are your favourite ingredients to use in smoothies? Have you ever made smoothies before? Which ingredient combinations do you prefer? Let me know by leaving a comment!
 Have a lovely day!
~LilacBlossom

2 comments:

  1. Ohh! I will definitely try this before I use the rest of my matcha powder great idea for a smoothie mix up instead of a latte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to use any matcha powder :D I hope you can try this at some point, it's super easy to make! (Only took me 5 minutes to make it)

      Delete

Hi there! ♡
Currently, commenting is open to everyone, with no sign-in or word verification required. However, to ensure the comment section is a safe and pleasant place for everyone, those settings might be changed in the future if there is a problem with rule-breaking.
Please follow these rules!
~Please be kind and polite! Show respect to those around you, please. If you disagree with something, please express your opinion in a polite manner.
~No discrimination or bullying, please.
~ No spam, this clutters up the comment section!
~No inappropriate/dangerous links.
~Do not ask anyone for personal information, such as phone numbers.
~Use common sense, and have fun! <3