Thursday, 8 September 2016

Autumn Bucket List Ideas

Hello! ♡
We're now a week into September, and while the weather remains very summery, soon enough the leaves will begin to change and it will get cooler. Autumn is just around the corner, and I decided to try something I've never done before- writing a list of things I'd like to do this season, creating a bucket list. Bucket lists are great for curing boredom and also for finally getting round to something you've always wanted to try, so in this post I will share with you some of the things that are on my Autumn bucket list, so that perhaps you too can create your own! If you decide to create an Autumn bucket list, now is a great time to start, while it's still Summery.

  1. Make an Autumn-y hot drink: Since my nearest Starbucks is a two-hour drive away, getting hold of one of Autumn's most iconic drinks isn't really easy. So, one of the things on my Autumn bucket list is to make a hot drink with an Autumn-y flavour- most likely I will use a base of coffee, and when I do, I'll publish a recipe here! I also plan to use spices with flavours that I associate with autumn, so I can sip the drink on a cold evening ^^
  2. Make a leaf pile: Autumn is the season when the leaves turn beautiful shades of fiery reds, yellows and oranges and fall from the tress, creating a leafy blanket on the ground. Making a pile from the leaves is a lot of fun and creates a pretty result, plus if you want, you can make it even more fun by jumping into it! I assure you that doing this with family or friends will create lovely memories.
    Source: Wikimedia Commons
  3. Take a morning/evening walk: I'm generally not a fan of walks in the summer, as it's too hot. However, during the autumn, mornings and evenings are crisp and cool, creating a very refreshing atmosphere! Whether you go alone or with someone, autumn walks can be very pleasant- as along the way you are likely to pass the gorgeous trees and breathe in lots of crisp autumn air!
  4. Go apple picking: I've never done this before, but it's something I really want to try. Near my house there are a few apple trees, so when they're ripe and ready I'll try apple picking! There's nothing like spending some time outside trying some delicious, fresh apples picked right off the tree by you! 
    Source: Wikimedia Commons
  5. Go to a trampoline park: There's a trampoline park in my city, and I've wanted to go for a while, but I haven't quite had the confidence to do so. One of the things I want to do this season is get out of my comfort zone for once and have fun at the trampoline park! If there's a trampoline park near you, it's a great way to relieve the stress of the new school year and also an excellent way to warm up, as it's chilly outside!
  6. Visit a Muffin Cafe: In my city, there is a fairly new Muffin Cafe and I've wanted to visit for a while. If there is a nice cafe near you that you've always wanted to visit, Autumn is a great time! It's lovely to sit in a warm, cosy cafe while it's cold outside. A nice, hot drink is a great way to warm up!
  7. Make something with pumpkin: Ahh, pumpkin. One of the iconic tastes of autumn. It can be used in many things- from soup, to pie, to cake, even to drinks! Try making something using pumpkin- even if you're only helping, it's great to taste something that you made! A hot and hearty pumpkin soup is perfect on a chilly afternoon.
    Source: Wikimedia Commons
  8. Read a book: Since it's cold, autumn is perfect for staying inside and reading a book. This season, I'd like to find a book that interests me and read it. So- find a book that you like, be it fiction or non-fiction, and read it! A lovely way to spend all those cold evenings.
  9. Visit a park: Autumn means colourful trees, and parks mean trees. So, visiting a park, especially if it's one you've never visited before, is a great idea! You will have the opportunity to witness and admire the beauty of autumn, surrounded by the fiery colours. If it's not freezing cold, it's also nice to just sit on a bench and read, chat or think. Parks are also great for photos!
  10. A DIY project to be proud of: Since autumn is so good for staying inside, it's perfect for trying a DIY project that you'll be proud of! Dedicate your free time on that chilly afternoon to sewing yourself a skirt, or knitting a hat, or perhaps making some jewelry with polymer clay. You will learn and improve some skills and will also have something for yourself that will be unique! 
Finally, my questions to you- do you have an Autumn bucket list? Do you plan to make one? If so, is there anything on it that I haven't mentioned here? Let me know in the comments!
 Have a lovely day!
 ~LilacBlossom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! ♡
Currently, commenting is open to everyone, with no sign-in or word verification required. However, to ensure the comment section is a safe and pleasant place for everyone, those settings might be changed in the future if there is a problem with rule-breaking.
Please follow these rules!
~Please be kind and polite! Show respect to those around you, please. If you disagree with something, please express your opinion in a polite manner.
~No discrimination or bullying, please.
~ No spam, this clutters up the comment section!
~No inappropriate/dangerous links.
~Do not ask anyone for personal information, such as phone numbers.
~Use common sense, and have fun! <3