Sunday, 20 November 2016

Mini Japanese Candy Haul! *~

Hello! ♡
On Wednesday, I went to Warsaw, where I visited a shop selling food around the world. They had a nice array of Japanese food and snacks, from cooking ingredients to sweets! I selected five items, some that I've never tried before, and I'll discuss them in this post!
So, let's begin ^-^

Firstly, here's a picture of my mini haul;
If you're not familiar with any of the above, fear not, because I'm about to explain!

Pocky
Pocky is a Japanese snack- it's very simple and is nothing more than biscuit sticks coated in flavoured icing! There are many flavours, from chocolate to matcha. I usually buy matcha, strawberry or cookies and cream flavour, but I decided to try something different and bought Mango flavoured Pocky. It's delicious, Pocky is a super adorable snack ^-^*~ I'm glad it's so easily available in Europe! I'm not a fan of mango, but I love dried mango... if that even makes sense!

Matcha Kit-Kat
Japan is quite well-known for its many unique Kit-Kat flavours, ranging from Strawberry to Wasabi. My favourites are strawberry and matcha flavours, and since I saw this near the cash register, I just had to buy it! It has a delicious sweet flavour and a pretty pastel green colour which makes a perfect combination! I really want to try Wasabi Kit-Kats at one point, I'm very curious ^*^ I wish we had such unique Kit-Kats here.


Ramune
I LOVE Ramune- it's one of my favourite drinks. Until now, my favourite flavours were strawberry and peach. Now, Matcha is added to them! ^^ I bought Lychee and Matcha flavour. I never tried Matcha Ramune before, and I was very curious. Ramune is a Japanese sweet carbonated drink and has a very unique way of opening it- there's a special green.... thing used to push the ball stopper. You have to push very very hard for a few seconds, then the clear ball stopper comes down and stays in the neck of the bottle. The smell and taste of the Matcha Ramune are very unique, it's definitely something I'd purchase again (Christmas, maybe?) c:

Popin Cookin: Donuts
I've heard of Popin Cookin before, but I've never tried it before. When I saw the cute doughnut kit, well, I just needed to have it, right? I made four cute mini doughnuts with nothing but different powders and water! It's actually very easy to make. It's mostly mixing the different coloured powders with water in the plastic trays provided, then using the moulds to shape the doughnuts, and then decorating it with the sprinkles provided as well as icing that is made by mixing the powders with water ^-^ It's quite small and fiddly to work with, but apart from that, it's super adorable and delicious in the end! Everything you need (apart from water) is in the kit and there's lots of room for creativity! Everything smells so nice in the making too, especially the icing.



Well, I hope you enjoyed this post! It might have made you hungry,  but if you've never heard of some of those, I hope you learnt something ^^
Have you ever eaten any of those? What are your favourite Japanese sweets? Which ones would you like to try?
 Have a lovely day!
 ~LilacBlossom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! ♡
Currently, commenting is open to everyone, with no sign-in or word verification required. However, to ensure the comment section is a safe and pleasant place for everyone, those settings might be changed in the future if there is a problem with rule-breaking.
Please follow these rules!
~Please be kind and polite! Show respect to those around you, please. If you disagree with something, please express your opinion in a polite manner.
~No discrimination or bullying, please.
~ No spam, this clutters up the comment section!
~No inappropriate/dangerous links.
~Do not ask anyone for personal information, such as phone numbers.
~Use common sense, and have fun! <3