I'd like to begin this post with an apology for not posting for over a month, without announcing it beforehand. However, the hiatus was much needed, as maintaining this blog began to feel like a chore, I wasn't enjoying it anymore nor was I really inspired. I'm back now, feeling quite inspired, and I missed this blog quite a bit.
Also, I have put together a survey for readers of Lilac's Journal. Since this blog is written for you, the survey will allow me to hear your opinion and suggestions to make the blog better. If you can spare a minute or two, please participate by clicking here! ♡
This week's post is fitting as by mid-January, most of us are just fed up with winter. It's dull, it's cold, it's dark- we start to crave the warmth and brightness of summer. To raise our spirits and appreciate the winter before it's over, here's a list of my ten favourite things about the season.
- Short Days- I know, I know- the short days are one of the main complaints about the winter season. Waking up when it's dark and getting home when the sun is setting means we don't really get to enjoy as much daylight during the winter. However, there are some great things about it- for example, waking up before the sun rises mean you get to witness it, and the long evenings are really cosy.
- Winter Evenings- While we're talking about cosy evenings, evenings during the winter are lovely and cosy. If you have a fireplace, even better! There's no better feeling than snuggling up with some soft blankets and bedsheets, a hot drink and a good movie, no?
- Hot Drinks- Tea is one of my favourite drinks. However, in the Summer it can be quite hard to drink without feeling even hotter. Winter is the season for hot drinks to warm us up- from hot cups of aromatic tea, to coffee and hot chocolate with marshmallows, there is a wide array of hot drinks to enjoy!
- Seasonal Drinks- This in a way links to the previous point- many restaurants and cafes offer seasonal drinks for each season, and winter is no exception! From Vanilla Chai Lattes to Gingerbread Lattes, each winter seasonal drink has a unique flavour.
- Snow- Of course, snow! In most places, snow doesn't stay on the ground for the whole winter, but when it's there, it's beautiful! From the pretty falling snowflakes to the fluffy white cover, and being able to do fun things such as making snowmen, having snowball fights and sledding, snow gives winter a unique charm.
- Winter Sports- Winter comes with lots of fun sports. If you're like me and can barely ski, it's a great time to try something new and take up a new sport. Even if you don't want to take up skiing or snowboarding, there's always ice skating (one of my favourites!) and sledding, which are still a lot of fun.
- Winter Fashion- Winter fashion means layers, layers and more layers. This means cute and soft sweaters, pretty boots and cute coats, gloves, hats and scarves. The more layers, the more cuteness!
- Pretty Landscape- You might be thinking since when does a dull atmosphere and bare trees count as a pretty landscape. But even if there's no snow, frosty winter mornings can be stunning, and when there's snow, ice and icicles- even better!
- Socks- Really, I think this deserves a point on its own. Winter calls for cute, fluffy socks. And, there are so many of them to choose from! They feel so good! They're adorable! What's not to love?
- Christmas Decorations- Around December-January, many places have pretty lights and decorations put up. In the evenings, they light up and make everything pretty, and they are great to admire! Seeing everything lit up for the holiday season is one of the best things about winter.
Before I close off, what are your favourite things about winter? How do you spend a winter evening? Let me know in the comments below!
Have a lovely day!