Check out my Depop shop by clicking here
Recently, I wanted to try out a face mask that I could use on a regular basis. So, I started searching for the perfect mask.
My criteria were:
- Easy, affordable and quick to make
- Anti-aging properties (15 might be too young to start thinking about these things, but it's good to start early ^^)
- More radiant, brighter skin
The rice powder face mask met all of the above criteria- even with some extra benefits! So, I started using it twice weekly, just under a month ago. Results don't come immediately, though right after removing the mask, skin is visibly brighter, but it's temporary. You should start seeing results, such as brighter skin, after 1-2 months of using once or twice a week.
What is rice powder? How do I use it for better skin?
Rice powder, or rice flour is just finely milled rice. It has a subtle, sweet smell to it. Rice powder is widely available at grocery stores and is very affordable. It is very easy to make into a mask- just put 1.5 tablespoons of rice powder in a bowl and mix with milk or water until you have a paste (milk also has its benefits, so I prefer to use it). Then, apply on your face (like a cream) and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. By then, it will be mostly dry. Next, just wash off the mask with some warm water and enjoy your soft, bright skin!
What effects does this mask have?
Rice powder has plenty of nutrients that are beneficial to the skin. Some of the effects of using a rice powder face mask are;
- UV protection. Rice powder acts like a natural sunscreen and helps protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. However- still use sunscreen even if using this mask!
- Increased collagen production. Collagen is what keeps the skin smooth and soft. Using a rice powder face mask can increase its production.
- Brighter skin. After about 1-2 months of use, you will see a change in your skin tone. Rice powder brightens skin.
- Can help treat wrinkles, blemishes and pigmentation- has anti-aging properties.
- Softer, smoother skin in general!
I've only been using rice powder as a face mask for just under a month. Right after washing off the mask, skin is temporarily radiant and soft. With regular use, these effects become more permanent. I feel like my skin has started to become lighter, softer and much smoother- it's very pleasant to the touch. Washing off can be a bit annoying- that's why I always use this mask when I'm having a bath, as it's much easier to wash off there. The sweet smell makes this mask very pleasant to use!
There's no harm in trying- I hope you give this easy mask a try! If you do, let me know your thoughts. Did you see any effects? What do you like (and/or maybe don't like) about this mask? Let me know in the comments!
Have a lovely day!